Can’t Make it to a Game?
Follow us on Twitter to get live coverage of games in action! @AVCNavigator
- AVC Rolls Over College of the Desert in Big Win - Zack Handy– AVC Navigator The Antelope Valley Marauders squared off against The College of the Desert Roadrunners on Saturday night, and the boys in maroon did not disappoint. The Marauders started the game with a little Sean Peyton New Orleans Saints magic. After losing the coin toss, the Marauders lined up to kick-off and Kicker…Read more AVC Rolls Over College of the Desert in Big Win
- Making the Transfer to a Four Year College - Jeff Janiszewski–AVC Navigator Many students here at Antelope Valley College intend to transfer to a four year university. For those students looking to transfer, it is easy to be overwhelmed by the many steps in the process of selecting a school and satisfying all of the requirements, while maintaining focus on their work at AVC.…Read more Making the Transfer to a Four Year College
- First Year Program Receives $500,000 Grant - Zack Handy– AVC Navigator Just after the start of the semester Antelope Valley College (AVC) received a $500,000 grant for a brand new first year program for Hispanic students. The developing program is known as the Hispanic- Serving Institutions (HSI) Program. The U.S. Department of Education is on lard and believes in this program as…Read more First Year Program Receives $500,000 Grant
- Club Rush Has Big Turnout - Zack Handy- AVC Navigator As students start to settle into campus life here in the second week of school, that means one thing: it’s time for club rush. Twelve clubs showed up at the library plaza and each hosted a table and asked fellow students for support. The turnout was good; within the first hour…Read more Club Rush Has Big Turnout
- New Law Program Looking to Pull Students In - Zack Handy– AVC Navigator Students looking for a career practicing law now have resources at their fingertips. The Antelope Valley College Law Scholars program is now accepting applications from students. This program was created to prepare community college students for admission in law school in California. This program has multiple benefits including financial aid counseling,…Read more New Law Program Looking to Pull Students In
- AVC Misses Red Zone Chances and Falls To VictorValley - Zack Handy– AVC Navigator The excitement of the second half comeback that brought the Marauders their opening night win in week one was short lived, as Antelope Valley College fell 19-7 to the Victor Valley Rams. The scoreboard does not show how close this game really was. The Marauders failed to score on three red…Read more AVC Misses Red Zone Chances and Falls To VictorValley
- Marauders Rally For Opening Night Win - Zack Handy– AVC Navigator The Antelope Valley Marauders began their football season on Saturday night against the Mt. San Jacinto Eagles and they did not disappoint. The Eagles opened the game quickly and put up a field goal on their first drive. The Eagles then tacked on 10 more in the 2nd quarter after a…Read more Marauders Rally For Opening Night Win
- AVC FALL 2014 TRANSFER FAIR - Jeff Janiszewski-AVC Navigator A great opportunity is here for any Antelope Valley College students with thoughts of continuing their education after AVC. Thurs September 11, the Fall 2014 Transfer Fair is being held from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm in the Library Plaza. Over 40 college representatives from both public and private institutions will be there…Read more AVC FALL 2014 TRANSFER FAIR
- Football Season on the Horizon - Zack Handy– AVC Navigator The Marauders football season is less than two weeks away. With plenty of excitement buzzing around the campus a preview of the upcoming season will be brought to you shortly. This will include key players to be on the watch for as well as key games to look forward too. Along…Read more Football Season on the Horizon
- Open Auditions for “Noises Off” - Jeff Janiszewski-AVC Navigator The Antelope Valley College Theatre Arts Department is holding open auditions for Michael Frayn’s Noises Off. Auditions are Friday, August 22 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, August 23 from 10 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the AVC Performing Arts Theatre. A range of both male and female roles will…Read more Open Auditions for “Noises Off”
Introducing The Oasis, a campus magazine edited and designed, in large part, by the student editors of the AVC Navigator, as a part of AVC’s Journalism program. The Oasis is an annual publication highlighting the significant awards and accomplishments of Antelope Valley College students, faculty, and staff. The mission of The Oasis is to bring together information from all areas of the campus and to celebrate, as a community, what we have done and where we are going.
Antelope Valley College has a lot to offer the students and community of Antelope Valley, and it’s time to let our light shine. We are proud to introduce you to The Oasis and look forward to your contributions to our efforts next year. You may click the icon below to download a digital copy of the magazine, or find one in any of the old Examiner kiosks on campus.
We hope you enjoy this inaugural issue of The Oasis.