Can’t Make it to a Game, Event, or Just Want the Latest Campus News?
Follow us on Twitter or Instagram to get live coverage of games in action! @AVCNavigator (Twitter and Instagram). Our hashtags are #AVC and #AVCNavigator.
Introducing Say Whaaat?
Short spots of student concerns, issues, or what’s on student’s minds.
Video Podcast 1: Welcome Back!
- Poppies, Festivities and Tons of FUN! - By: Shardai Jones – AVC Navigator With sunny skies and a weekend filled with fun and laughter, the Poppy Festival was flooded with families from the local community. There were a variety of booths filled with everything from fedora hats to organic honey that allowed everyone to experience a little bit of everything. It was the…Read more Poppies, Festivities and Tons of FUN!
- Schedules Are Up! What Will YOU Be Taking Next Semester? - By: DiAnna Alvarez – AVC Navigator Lancaster, Ca. – If you have been waiting to conjure up your schedule of classes for the upcoming Summer and Fall terms, now is your chance! The Antelope Valley College Summer and Fall 2015 Schedule of Classes are now available online! Summer session is scheduled to take place over a…Read more Schedules Are Up! What Will YOU Be Taking Next Semester?
- Serfoss Steals the Day, AVC Closer to Playoffs - By: Sean Collins – AVC Navigator LANCASTER—The Antelope Valley Marauders inched closer to the playoffs today, pulling off the win against the Santa Monica College Corsairs. Morgan Arndt started for the home Marauders and had a quiet game for the most part. She gave up three runs and induced 16 ground ball outs to go…Read more Serfoss Steals the Day, AVC Closer to Playoffs
- Arndt Shuts It Down in Game 2 of Double Header - By: Sean Collins – AVC Navigator LANCASTER—Game two of the double header had a different script than game one, but ended with the same result. The AVC Marauders played the LA Mission Eagles and won the game with a final score of 9-1. Morgan Arndt (#14) started the game and remained in control. She was…Read more Arndt Shuts It Down in Game 2 of Double Header
- Ask Auntie Lopa - By: Marquita Waters – AVC Navigator Welcome to “Ask Auntie Lopa’s” online Q&A Column. This column is a satire of human interests. Auntie Lopa is a saucy and feisty old sage who has been around the block more than a few times, has made her fair and unfair share of mistakes in the areas of…Read more Ask Auntie Lopa
- High Winds and High Scores in Game 1 of Softball Double Header - By: Sean Collins – AVC Navigator LANCASTER—In a game that was dominated less by pitching/fielding and more by high velocity winds, AVC found a way to take game one of Tuesday’s doubleheader against the LA Mission Eagles. Star Pitcher, Morgan Arndt (#14) jump-started the game for the Marauders. She allowed three unearned runs before being…Read more High Winds and High Scores in Game 1 of Softball Double Header
- The Professor’s Corner - By: Marquita E. Waters – AVC Navigator Each week some of AVC’s outstanding professors are invited to participate in “The Professor’s Corner” and highlighted in The AVC Navigator newspaper. The participants are asked to provide insight about themselves, funny things that have taken place in the classroom, as well as their wise words of wisdom to encourage students to…Read more The Professor’s Corner
- The Importance of Hydration - By: Shardai Jones – AVC Navigator Drinking water is one of the most overlooked ways to maintain self-care. As a student, it’s easy to get trapped into your busy school schedule while running off to your part-time job shortly after, without being able to properly eat or hydrate your body. Humans are made up of…Read more The Importance of Hydration
- Los Angeles County Air Show: A Family Fun Weekend! - By: Marquita Waters – AVC Navigator The Los Angeles County Air Show took place on Saturday and ended on Sunday (March 21-22, 2015). The air show was held at the William J. Fox Airport in Lancaster, California, where thousands of people showed up and looked up at the spectacular air show. So many families came…Read more Los Angeles County Air Show: A Family Fun Weekend!
- Top Guns of the Los Angeles County Air Show – United States Air Force “Thunderbirds” - By: Marquita Waters The Los Angeles County Air Show took place on Saturday and ended on Sunday (March 21-22, 2015). The air show was held at the William J. Fox Airport in Lancaster, California. Talk about fast and furious in the air, or flying by the seat of your pants, the Los Angeles County Air…Read more Top Guns of the Los Angeles County Air Show – United States Air Force “Thunderbirds”
Download our semester-end Oasis Magazine is here!